- This event has passed.
‘Four-Week Retreat in Daily Life’ at St William’s, Grovely
March 2 at 9:30 am - March 30 at 11:00 am
‘Inner Peace in Divine Love’
This First Spiritual Exercises Retreat was composed by Michael Hansen SJ and is based on the Spiritual Exercises by St Ignatius of Loyola. This retreat is a way of encountering the Creator as Love in your everyday life through a program of personal prayer and attending a weekly gathering of guided spiritual conversation.
There are no special requirements to undertake this retreat just a desire to deepen your relationship with God and find God’s presence in your everyday life. Be assured that where you are now is where God is waiting for you.
- This is an individual and group prayer experience.
- Participants pray at home for at least half an hour each day, and meet together with the retreat guides once a week, for 1.5 hours for listening, prayer and spiritual conversation.
- There are five weekly group meetings.
- Individual prayer is guided by a Prayer Handbook, “The First Spiritual Exercises: Four Guided Retreats” by Michael Hansen SJ.
- Spend 30 to 45 minutes daily in personal prayer.
- Keep a journal.
- Willingness to commit to four weeks of the retreat and attend five weekly group meetings.
- Willingness to participate in group sharing and conversation.
Retreat Directors: Maria Shelley and Chris Webb
When : from 9:30am to 11am on five consecutive Mondays (2, 9, 16, 23 & 30 March 2020)
Location: Daley Centre – St William’s Parish, 67 Dawson Parade, Grovely
Booking: through St William’s Parish Office ph. 3355 2667
Cost: Donation (suggested $50)