Tropical Wilderness Retreat – Far North Queensland
July 13 at 4:30 pm - July 20 at 9:00 am
Kew, Victoria 3101 Australia
Tropical Wildnerness Retreat – a 6-Day Walking Retreat based in Cairns
‘In God’s wilderness lies the hope of the world, the great, fresh, unlighted, unredeemed wilderness’ (John Muir).
This Wilderness Retreat will be based in Cairns and we will make contemplative walks in silence into different parts of Far North Queensland.
The Tropical Wilderness retreat will include:
- Experience of indigenous culture at the Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Centre in Cairns.
- A walk in the Daintree National Park at Mossman Gorge.
- A day on Fitzroy Island.
- A walk in Barron Gorge National Park.
- A visit to St Monica’s Cathedral, Cairns and the Genesis story in stained glass windows.
- A walk in the Gondonwanan Heritage Garden at the Botanical Gardens in Cairns.
- A trip to the Atherton Tablelands.
You will be invited to listen to God’s Presence in Nature speaking to you. At the end of each day’s walk, you will have a chance to share your experience walking in Nature. We will draw on the wisdom of Ignatius of Loyola and Teilhard de Chardin and other contemporary writers on the spiritual dimensions of Nature.
A good degree of fitness is required. Most walks are Grade 1 and 2 (Easy) but a couple of walks are Grade 3 (Medium)
Weather in July in Cairns is 17 – 27 °C (no humidity)
Maximum of 15 participants.
Cost $2,190, which includes:
- 7 nights single room (shared bathroom) accommodation provided at Seville Mercy Conference Centre in Cairns
- All meals, entry fees, guided trips to key places, ferry trip to Fitzroy Island
To download a copy of the flyer, click here.
Contact Peter Saunders firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 421 643 705